WeightLossBanter

WeightLossBanter (http://www.weightlossbanter.net/index.php)
-   Weightwatchers (http://www.weightlossbanter.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dinner last night Delicious! (http://www.weightlossbanter.net/showthread.php?t=51054)

Willow Herself April 23rd, 2009 04:58 PM

Dinner last night Delicious!

I don't have point value because the measurements are not precise. Make it to taste and calculate the pts!

Asparagus Stir-fry Recipe

Note: be sure you have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go before you start actually stir-frying.

Ingredients
toasted sesame oil
8 ounces extra-firm tofu, cut into slices thick as a pencil
4 green onions, thinly sliced
freshly grated ginger (peeled)
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 a bunch of asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
a couple big pinches of fine-grain sea salt
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 big handful toasted cashews, chopped up a bit
a few handfuls of spinach, or chopped kale, or chopped chard
zest and juice of one lime
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 small handful fresh mint, slivered
1 small handful fresh basil, slivered

Directions
Have all your ingredients prepped and within arms reach of the stove. Heat a splash of sesame oil in a large pan, or well-seasoned wok over medium high heat. Alternately, you can do this in a dry non-stick pan - one of the few occasions I still use non-stick. When it is hot, add the tofu, and cook until golden - a few minutes. Remove the tofu from the pan and set aside.

Add another (generous) splash of oil to the pan and, as soon as it is hot, add the onions, ginger, red pepper flakes, asparagus, and salt. Stir fry for about a minute, then add the garlic, cashews, and spinach and stir-fry for another minute, or until the spinach wilts. Return the tofu to the pan. Stir in the lime zest and juice and the hoisin sauce. Cook for another 10-20 seconds, stirring all the while.

Remove from heat and stir in the mint and basil. Taste and add a bit more salt if needed.

Source: www.101cookbooks.com

--
"It's kinda fun to do the impossible."
Walt Disney

Willow Herself April 23rd, 2009 05:03 PM

This is 2 servings as a main dish, or 4 as a side dish..
"Willow Herself" wrote in message ...
I don't have point value because the measurements are not precise. Make it to taste and calculate the pts!

Note: be sure you have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go before you start actually stir-frying.

Ingredients
toasted sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped

Directions
Have all your ingredients prepped and within arms reach of the stove. Heat a splash of sesame oil in a large pan, or well-seasoned wok over medium high heat. Alternately, you can do this in a dry non-stick pan - one of the few occasions I still use non-stick. When it is hot, add the tofu, and cook until golden - a few minutes. Remove the tofu from the pan and set aside.

Add another (generous) splash of oil to the pan and, as soon as it is hot, add the onions, ginger, red pepper flakes, asparagus, and salt. Stir fry for about a minute, then add the garlic, cashews, and spinach and stir-fry for another minute, or until the spinach wilts. Return the tofu to the pan. Stir in the lime zest and juice and the hoisin sauce. Cook for another 10-20 seconds, stirring all the while.

Remove from heat and stir in the mint and basil. Taste and add a bit more salt if needed.

--
Walt Disney

Stormmee April 23rd, 2009 05:04 PM

sounds really nice, i just heard the wonan on splendid table who used to teach chinese food say that the dryer you make the ingreidents you are going to stir fry the better, with too much moisture you get steamed instead of stir fry, a very interesting show, Lee

Ingredients
toasted sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped

Directions

--
Walt Disney

Willow Herself April 23rd, 2009 05:53 PM

Wich reminds me, make sure to drain and press the tofu very well!
"Stormmee" wrote in message ...
sounds really nice, i just heard the wonan on splendid table who used to teach chinese food say that the dryer you make the ingreidents you are going to stir fry the better, with too much moisture you get steamed instead of stir fry, a very interesting show, Lee

Ingredients
toasted sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped

Directions

--
Walt Disney