A Weightloss and diet forum. WeightLossBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » WeightLossBanter forum » alt.support.diet newsgroups » Low Carbohydrate Diets
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

On the evils of wheat



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old September 28th, 2011, 04:51 PM posted to alt.support.diet.low-carb
Dogman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 540
Default On the evils of wheat

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 01:31:00 +1000, Sock wrote:

[...]
Then why even stick your head into this thread?

Oh, yeah...I forgot.

You're a troll.

No, I have something to say.


No, you don't. You just enjoy stirring the pot.

Thus, you're a troll.


Oh, I get it.


Apparently not.


--
Dogman
  #22  
Old September 28th, 2011, 07:28 PM posted to alt.support.diet.low-carb
Billy[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 215
Default On the evils of wheat

In article ,
Doug Freyburger wrote:

Dogman wrote:
Susan wrote:

Doug is an Atkins acolyte.


If he has to follow someone, he could do worst than Dr. Atkins.


He is the starting point for all of the modern low carb movement. To
say that any book author since is not an Atkins acolyte is unrealistic.
Without Atkins there is no low carb movement. Saying some low carb book
author is not a low carb acolyte is like saying a sailor is not aware of
the ocean.

Just to check - Are the reviews incorrect when they say Dr Davis's book
"Wheat Belly" focuses on wheat as the primary cause of the modern
obesity epidemic? That's something that has been true since the
invention of modern milling that separates the bran, endosperm and germ.

Billy wrote:

And Gary Taubes mentions in his book (GCBC) that sugar cane workers
consume considerable amounts of sugar cane to no apparent ill effect,
but they also work like dogs (mucho trabajo).


Degree of refinement matters.


And so does exertion.
--
- Billy
Both the House and Senate budget plan would have cut Social Security and Medicare, while cutting taxes on the wealthy.

Kucinich noted that none of the government programs targeted for
elimination or severe cutback in House Republican spending plans
"appeared on the GAO's list of government programs at high risk of
waste, fraud and abuse."
http://www.politifact.com/ohio/state...is-kucinich/re
p-dennis-kucinich-says-gop-budget-cuts-dont-targ/

[W]e have the situation with the deficit and the debt and spending and jobs. And it's not that difficult to get out of it. The first thing you do is you get rid of corporate welfare. That's hundreds of billions of dollars a year. The second is you tax corporations so that they don't get away with no taxation.
- Ralph Nader
http://www.democracynow.org/2011/7/19/ralph_naders_solution_to_debt_crisis
  #23  
Old September 28th, 2011, 09:45 PM posted to alt.support.diet.low-carb
Doug Freyburger
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,866
Default On the evils of wheat

Dogman wrote:
Susan wrote:
Dogman wrote:


Unfortunately, most folks don't even know that they're following
Ornish. It's just the only thing they know.


Most folks aren't even close to eating Ornish style. It was MISERY, and
took a great deal of vigilance and planning, not just low fat.


Yes, there are differences, but I just lump Ornish in (rightly or
wrongly) with the low-fat, high-carb, grains galore crowd.


The first low fat book I remember reading was "The T-Factor Diet" in the
1980s. It was definitely not the founding book of the modern low fat
era.
  #24  
Old September 29th, 2011, 04:23 AM posted to alt.support.diet.low-carb
Who_me?
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 48
Default On the evils of wheat

On 29/09/2011 1:16 PM, Dogman wrote:
On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 12:50:38 +1000,
wrote:

[...]
Yes, there are differences, but I just lump Ornish in (rightly or
wrongly) with the low-fat, high-carb, grains galore crowd.

Rightly or wrongly. It seems apt - sums you up quite succinctly. Maybe
you could use it as your sig?

Sure.

As soon as you use "I AM A TROLL" as your sig.

Troll.

--
Dogman



Ok

I am a troll. I live under a bridge.


Thanks!

But we already knew that.


--
Dogman



Thank you. You have just shown how much your word is worth.

(But I think that we already guessed that.)
  #25  
Old September 29th, 2011, 09:55 AM posted to alt.support.diet.low-carb
Who_me?
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 48
Default On the evils of wheat

On 29/09/2011 1:56 PM, Dogman wrote:
On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 13:23:31 +1000,
wrote:

[...]
As soon as you use "I AM A TROLL" as your sig.

Troll.

--
Dogman


Ok

I am a troll. I live under a bridge.

Thanks!

But we already knew that.


--
Dogman



Thank you. You have just shown how much your word is worth.

(But I think that we already guessed that.)


You're a funny guy!

Why in the world would anyone keep his word to a freakin' troll???

Troll.

--
Dogman



Because among decent people, giving your word is a contract between the
person giving it and their own integrity - nothing to do with the
recipient in an honour sense. Of course if you have no integrity ...?
  #26  
Old September 29th, 2011, 03:55 PM posted to alt.support.diet.low-carb
Dogman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 540
Default On the evils of wheat

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 18:55:58 +1000, Who_me?
wrote:

On 29/09/2011 1:56 PM, Dogman wrote:


Thank you. You have just shown how much your word is worth.

(But I think that we already guessed that.)


You're a funny guy!

Why in the world would anyone keep his word to a freakin' troll???

Troll.


Because among decent people, giving your word is a contract between the
person giving it and their own integrity


But there's nothing decent about TROLLS!

No one gives a crap about trolls, because they're TROLLS, for
crissakes.

Troll.


--
Dogman
  #27  
Old September 29th, 2011, 04:54 PM posted to alt.support.diet.low-carb
Walter Bushell
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 142
Default On the evils of wheat

In article ,
Dogman wrote:

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 22:44:30 -0700, Billy
wrote:

[...]
And Gary Taubes mentions in his book (GCBC) that sugar cane workers
consume considerable amounts of sugar cane to no apparent ill effect,
but they also work like dogs (mucho trabajo).


About 85% of the people who smoke cigarettes never get lung cancer.

I quit a long time ago, because I didn't want to be among the 15% who
do.

--
Dogman


Among other things emphysema aka COPD is well known and other cancers
besides lung and heart problems. Not to mention you lose your sense of
smell.

--
Ignorance is no protection against reality. -- Paul J Gans
  #28  
Old September 29th, 2011, 05:53 PM posted to alt.support.diet.low-carb
Dogman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 540
Default On the evils of wheat

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 11:54:07 -0400, Walter Bushell
wrote:

In article ,
Dogman wrote:

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 22:44:30 -0700, Billy
wrote:

[...]
And Gary Taubes mentions in his book (GCBC) that sugar cane workers
consume considerable amounts of sugar cane to no apparent ill effect,
but they also work like dogs (mucho trabajo).


About 85% of the people who smoke cigarettes never get lung cancer.

I quit a long time ago, because I didn't want to be among the 15% who
do.


Among other things emphysema aka COPD is well known and other cancers
besides lung and heart problems. Not to mention you lose your sense of
smell.


You bet. Quitting cigarettes is the smartest thing I've ever done.
Quitting wheat may be the second smartest thing.

--
Dogman
  #29  
Old September 30th, 2011, 03:59 AM posted to alt.support.diet.low-carb
Who_me?
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 48
Default On the evils of wheat

On 30/09/2011 12:55 AM, Dogman wrote:
On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 18:55:58 +1000,
wrote:

On 29/09/2011 1:56 PM, Dogman wrote:


Thank you. You have just shown how much your word is worth.

(But I think that we already guessed that.)

You're a funny guy!

Why in the world would anyone keep his word to a freakin' troll???

Troll.


Because among decent people, giving your word is a contract between the
person giving it and their own integrity


But there's nothing decent about TROLLS!

No one gives a crap about trolls, because they're TROLLS, for
crissakes.

Troll.


Idiot! I have been posting in Low Carb groups since the nineties. Trolls
are not simply people who don't agree with you, one day you might
realise that. Or not.

Eat more fish - it is rumoured to increase brain power. Eat a LOT of fish.


  #30  
Old September 30th, 2011, 04:20 PM posted to alt.support.diet.low-carb
Dogman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 540
Default On the evils of wheat

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 12:59:45 +1000, Who_me?
wrote:

On 30/09/2011 12:55 AM, Dogman wrote:
On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 18:55:58 +1000,
wrote:

On 29/09/2011 1:56 PM, Dogman wrote:


Thank you. You have just shown how much your word is worth.

(But I think that we already guessed that.)

You're a funny guy!

Why in the world would anyone keep his word to a freakin' troll???

Troll.


Because among decent people, giving your word is a contract between the
person giving it and their own integrity


But there's nothing decent about TROLLS!

No one gives a crap about trolls, because they're TROLLS, for
crissakes.

Troll.


Idiot! I have been posting in Low Carb groups since the nineties.


CORRECTION: You've been TROLLING the Low Carb groups since the
nineties.

Trolls are not simply people who don't agree with you, one day you might
realise that. Or not.


Since you never talk about diet, or low-carb issues here, it's
virtually impossible to either agree or disagree with you.

Eat more fish - it is rumoured to increase brain power. Eat a LOT of fish.


If you're an example of a fish-eater, I think I'll eat more pork.

But thanks anyway!

Troll.

--
Dogman
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wheat Straw, Wheat Bran mehranbiz Low Carbohydrate Diets 0 December 25th, 2006 02:17 PM
The Evils of Exercise -- Revealed At Last Jbuch Low Carbohydrate Diets 4 June 1st, 2006 12:41 AM
Blogging on the evils of High Fructose Corn Syrup nanner Low Carbohydrate Diets 0 May 24th, 2006 12:47 PM
Today I did my part to battle the evils of cigarette smoking LCer09 Low Carbohydrate Diets 0 October 23rd, 2004 10:18 AM
The evils of alcohol? MadJock General Discussion 22 November 15th, 2003 07:36 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 WeightLossBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.