A Weightloss and diet forum. WeightLossBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » WeightLossBanter forum » alt.support.diet newsgroups » Weightwatchers
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Marinated Flank Steak

Old May 30th, 2006, 03:51 PM posted to alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
external usenet poster

Default Marinated Flank Steak

Read the whole thing before getting started.. my explanations are sometimes cloudy.. I didn't make the tomato salad though, I had other veggies planned. I served the steak with roasted asparagus, zucchini slice and red pepper pieces. Sprayed with olive oil, sprinkled with freshly ground pepper and garlic granules and roasted at 450F for about 30m minutes... mmmmmmmmm

Marinated Flank Steak with cherry tomato salad

4 servings, 5pts/serving

Marinade
3 Garlic cloves, minced
1 medium shallot, chopped
2 TSBP reduced sodium soy sauce
2 TBSP basalmic vinegar
2 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 tsp dried thyme

1 lbs flank steak

Cherry tomato salad:
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
1/4 tsp salt.

Steak:

Mix the ingredients 1 to 6, (using 1 TSBP of the oil and 1 TBSP of the vinegar) put steak in a ziploc or a non-reactive bowl, pour the marinade over, marinade 2 hours up to overnight. (had it marinating overnight).

Spray grill rack with cooking spray, remove steak from the marinade (discard the marinade), and grill over medium-hot 7-8 minutes on each side. (put it 8 minutes on the GF grill at 400F, but we like it medium well it was barely pink). Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.

Tomato salad

Mix remaining 1 TBSP of olive oil and 1 TBSP basalmic vinegar with tomatoes, onion and salt in a medium bowl.

Grill it cookbook p. 35

Old May 30th, 2006, 03:59 PM posted to alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
external usenet poster

nice, Lee
Willow Herself wrote in message ...
Read the whole thing before getting started.. my explanations are sometimes cloudy.. I didn't make the tomato salad though, I had other veggies planned. I served the steak with roasted asparagus, zucchini slice and red pepper pieces. Sprayed with olive oil, sprinkled with freshly ground pepper and garlic granules and roasted at 450F for about 30m minutes... mmmmmmmmm

Marinated Flank Steak with cherry tomato salad

4 servings, 5pts/serving

Marinade
3 Garlic cloves, minced
1 medium shallot, chopped
2 TSBP reduced sodium soy sauce
2 TBSP basalmic vinegar
2 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 tsp dried thyme

1 lbs flank steak

Cherry tomato salad:
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
1/4 tsp salt.

Steak:

Mix the ingredients 1 to 6, (using 1 TSBP of the oil and 1 TBSP of the vinegar) put steak in a ziploc or a non-reactive bowl, pour the marinade over, marinade 2 hours up to overnight. (had it marinating overnight).

Spray grill rack with cooking spray, remove steak from the marinade (discard the marinade), and grill over medium-hot 7-8 minutes on each side. (put it 8 minutes on the GF grill at 400F, but we like it medium well it was barely pink). Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.

Tomato salad

Mix remaining 1 TBSP of olive oil and 1 TBSP basalmic vinegar with tomatoes, onion and salt in a medium bowl.

Grill it cookbook p. 35

Old May 31st, 2006, 05:53 PM posted to alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
external usenet poster

Oh, I love steak- can't wait to try this.