A Weightloss and diet forum. WeightLossBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » WeightLossBanter forum » alt.support.diet newsgroups » Low Calorie
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

DASH diet

Old August 5th, 2011, 11:19 AM

First recorded activity by WeightlossBanter: Aug 2011
Default DASH diet

Hey...
The original DASH diet was for loweing blood pressure. I think it came from the American Heart Association. It includes lots of vegetables and fruits. It also includes refined carbohydrates, like bread and pasta. It is low fat. It is wel lproven at lowering blood pressure.
Dr. Mirkin has his DASH + diet. It cuts out the simple carbs. Most people who follow it lose weight and lower their blood pressure. It consists of whole grains, instead of refined grains like the regular DASH diet and lots of vegetables. Fruits are only eaten with a meal. As I remeber he suggests real oatmeal and some dried fruit for breakfast. The rest of the day you eat salads with fish and nuts. You can find it in his later books adn on the web site.
It does not work for everyone. Carb sensitives like me cannot even handle the whole grains. I love brown rice, kasha and quino but I can't eat them and lose weight or keep my blood glucose under control.