A Weightloss and diet forum. WeightLossBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » WeightLossBanter forum » alt.support.diet newsgroups » Medications related to Weight Control
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

What Is Leptin Resistance?

Old January 7th, 2020, 11:34 PM posted to alt.support.diet.rx
Sandy Branigan
external usenet poster

Default What Is Leptin Resistance?

Before we saw the world as a globe spinning in the vast expanse of space we once believed it was flat and the sun revolved around us.

Before we knew the dangers of mercury—as a neurotoxin and overall health no-no—it was once considered the go-to treatment for a host of medical conditions, for everything from syphilis to parasites.

Before we had modern health-conscious cosmetics women would adorn themselves with lead-filled face paint and wash their skin with ammonia. They would slowly poison themselves but were convinced it was essential for true beauty.

The knowledge we have gained over the years has not come without a fair share of innocent misunderstandings, but thankfully, as we know more we are able to make more informed choices based on actual science, on truth, on what works. It is crucial we build our actions on a foundation of truth.

Our beliefs about weight loss have centered around constantly shifting paradigms. Throughout the decades we have blamed various things for our inability to lose weight and keep it off - high-fat foods, carbohydrates, calories, lack of motivation, genetics.... We have, in a way, been the people who thought the sun orbited us.

Deep down we may sense there’s another reason for our inability to control our appetite and our expanding waistline, but just don’t know what it is. If you look at the diet and health industry we have created you’ll see the answers we’re fed about the obesity epidemic.. We are supplied new “answers” and “solutions” all the time, and so—full of hope—we try them, only to be disappointed when we end up back where we started.

What if I told you the health industry has got it all wrong?

What if I were to tell you that we actually have the solution for why you have gained weight and been unable to lose it?

Would you believe me?

If you’re anything like the people I’ve just described, the people who have trusted the “answers” and “solutions” in the past, probably not. You may be burnt out on hope.... Yet, you are reading these words so there must be some trace of hope left, and I want to work with that tiny bit of remaining hope to change your life. And I mean it.

We’re here to show you a new way, to point you in the direction of the actual cause of your weight gain. No more blaming the wrong thing, looking in the wrong direction, no more wasting your time.

The Real Cause

This new direction starts with something called leptin. Never heard of leptin before? You’re not the only one. This hormone is a lesser known player in our hormonal system (which is sad since it is responsible for so much within our body.) Did you know leptin helps regulate bone mass, the menstrual cycle, the synthesis of thyroid hormones, our appetite and metabolism? And this is just scratching the surface.

Leptin is known as the “obesity hormone” and the “fat hormone.” A pretty big clue for what it’s responsible for.