A Weightloss and diet forum. WeightLossBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » WeightLossBanter forum » alt.support.diet newsgroups » Low Carbohydrate Diets
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

New Study Demonstrates Low-Carb Diets Reduce Risk for HeartDisease and Inflammation

Old December 2nd, 2012, 04:35 PM posted to alt.support.diet.low-carb
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default New Study Demonstrates Low-Carb Diets Reduce Risk for HeartDisease and Inflammation

Interesting study. I'd like to know more; too bad that Diabetes In Control doesn't list the title or the journal of this research (or maybe it was just a conference presentation and publication is forthcoming?)

Anyways, I found myself wondering "Did they track HbA1C?" If not, why not? It's a cheap and easy test to do and I'd expect they'd have gotten significant differences.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 06:43 PM posted to alt.support.diet.low-carb
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default New Study Demonstrates Low-Carb Diets Reduce Risk for HeartDisease and Inflammation

On Dec 2, 10:35*am, wrote:
Interesting study. *I'd like to know more; too bad that Diabetes In Control doesn't list the title or the journal of this research (or maybe it was just a conference presentation and publication is forthcoming?)

Anyways, I found myself wondering "Did they track HbA1C?" *If not, why not? *It's a cheap and easy test to do and I'd expect they'd have gotten significant differences.

It was also not what I'd call a low carb diet. Over six months
they started out at 15% of calories from carbs and ended
at 40%. That could be about 70g of carb at the beginning,
around 200g at the end. I'd say reduced carb would be a
better description.