A Weightloss and diet forum. WeightLossBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » WeightLossBanter forum » alt.support.diet newsgroups » Weightwatchers
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Things that make you go HMMMM

Old June 22nd, 2006, 04:15 PM posted to alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
external usenet poster

Default Things that make you go HMMMM

You know it is really funny, but I think that trolls, especially really stupid ones who cannot come up with new ideas, tend to bring some of us who have succeeded using WW around! I know I keep an eye out for the moron, because I care about the new people coming to this list and feel like I need to post the truth at least once to about every 5 garbage posts.

This is most likely a good thing. Many people at goal have wandered off to productive lives. I am tempted to do that also. I come here both for myself, to stay at goal, and to help people like me who may think the task of losing over 200 pounds is impossible. That troll keeps me coming around. I think I may change my methods though. Instead of telling my mini-story in his threads, I am going to post recipes from my WW cookbooks for DESSERTS only, which should have the maximum irritation potential.

I will address how WW works in separate threads when the mood hits me. WW works. Start weight 365, in 1981. Lost over 100 pounds with the old WW and got stuck in the 200's. Healthy habits were learned and I did not gain it all back. Rejoined WW early 2000's and lost the rest to a normal weight, first time in about 35 years for me. Been there since, except for minor fluctuations that are easily managed using journaling. This morning I am planning my treat for finishing my work today, it will be a new pair of pant's from Chico's. Size 1 1/2. No really . Their sizes are different, I am actually a size 10 in regular stores. I love to shop Chico's. I used to not be able to go there. Heck, I used to not fit in Wal-Mart's biggest, had to order my size 56's from catalogs.
--
Les
Old June 22nd, 2006, 04:18 PM posted to alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
external usenet poster

I like this plan, and it should be even more irritating that instead of being able to throw off newcomers so they are discouraged about life and might join it, he is actually promoting the positive outlook you will present, and therefore, the troll is in fact helping people to use WW to lose weight, what a wonderful balance of karma, Lee
lesanne wrote in message ...
You know it is really funny, but I think that trolls, especially really stupid ones who cannot come up with new ideas, tend to bring some of us who have succeeded using WW around! I know I keep an eye out for the moron, because I care about the new people coming to this list and feel like I need to post the truth at least once to about every 5 garbage posts.

This is most likely a good thing. Many people at goal have wandered off to productive lives. I am tempted to do that also. I come here both for myself, to stay at goal, and to help people like me who may think the task of losing over 200 pounds is impossible. That troll keeps me coming around. I think I may change my methods though. Instead of telling my mini-story in his threads, I am going to post recipes from my WW cookbooks for DESSERTS only, which should have the maximum irritation potential.

I will address how WW works in separate threads when the mood hits me. WW works. Start weight 365, in 1981. Lost over 100 pounds with the old WW and got stuck in the 200's. Healthy habits were learned and I did not gain it all back. Rejoined WW early 2000's and lost the rest to a normal weight, first time in about 35 years for me. Been there since, except for minor fluctuations that are easily managed using journaling. This morning I am planning my treat for finishing my work today, it will be a new pair of pant's from Chico's. Size 1 1/2. No really . Their sizes are different, I am actually a size 10 in regular stores. I love to shop Chico's. I used to not be able to go there. Heck, I used to not fit in Wal-Mart's biggest, had to order my size 56's from catalogs.
--
Les

Old June 22nd, 2006, 09:18 PM posted to alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
external usenet poster

"lesanne" wrote in message ...

--
Les

You and so many others here are inspirations to all especially those just beginning the journey. I also feel it is important for me to share my knowledge with others and let them know that this is such an awesome program for life. I don't make too many WW desserts but I will think about those I've made in the past. Just fat free sugar free pudding used as a parfait with fresh berries and a dollop of fat free cool whip sends me to dessert heaven. I get the health and nutritrion benefits of the nonfat milk and fruit. How much better can it get?

Audrey
Old June 22nd, 2006, 11:14 PM posted to alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
external usenet poster

Audrey isn't it interesting that so many of us who are at or near goal don't really eat a lot of sweets any more?

--
Les

You and so many others here are inspirations to all especially those just beginning the journey. I also feel it is important for me to share my knowledge with others and let them know that this is such an awesome program for life. I don't make too many WW desserts but I will think about those I've made in the past. Just fat free sugar free pudding used as a parfait with fresh berries and a dollop of fat free cool whip sends me to dessert heaven. I get the health and nutritrion benefits of the nonfat milk and fruit. How much better can it get?

Audrey
Old June 23rd, 2006, 12:28 AM posted to alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
external usenet poster

We don't reward ourselves with treats either. Now at the upscale restaurants I look for the homemade sorbets. At Lucques in LA I ordered a dessert and the scoop of homemade ice cream was the size of a golf ball at the most on top of a light pastry. It was so delicious but not like the mile high Claim Jumper or super gooey Cheesecake Factory desserts. I think when you go through this journey slowly, you truly begin to enjoy the taste of all of your foods.
Audrey
"lesanne" wrote in message ...
Audrey isn't it interesting that so many of us who are at or near goal don't really eat a lot of sweets any more?

--
Les

Audrey